Friday, April 25, 2014

Six Month Old Fraternal Twin Boys: End Of The Week Blues

I am a stay-at-home mother of six-and-a-half month twins (28-1/2 weeks) and I finally learned there is no weekend. There is no Dana, only Zuul ... there is no weekend, only motherhood.
It's Friday but it doesn't matter because there's no rest in my job. I could have a cocktail, maybe stay up a little later but my sons will wake up at their typical 4:30 to 5 a.m. and might possibly fuss during the night. Might possibly? Lately it's been highly likely.
I'm frustrated every evening because I know I should go to bed early but it's my only time to relax. It's like I'm the rope in a game of tug of war but nobody ever wins.
It's 8:41 p.m. My babies fell asleep at 7 p.m. and one of them just started crying so me thinks it's going to be a long night. I know this doesn't last forever. They are getting older every day but it feels endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment