Friday, April 18, 2014

Mother of Fraternal Twins: Random Rant Directed at Gwyneth Paltrow

Gwyneth Paltrow was recently quoted in an interview discussing movie star parenting vs. normal parenting.
"I think it's different when you have an office job, because it's routine and, you know, you can do all the stuff in the morning and then you come home in the evening. When you're shooting a movie, they're like, 'We need you to go to Wisconsin for two weeks,' and then you work 14 hours a day and that part of it is very difficult. I think to have a regular job and be a mom is not as, of course there are challenges, but it's not like being on set."
Is she kidding? Seriously? How degrading.
Boo hoo, I had to leave my children for two weeks with a nanny while I shot a movie and received mucho dinero in return.
Boo hoo. I had to leave them with a nanny while I had my hair and makeup done to go to a movie premiere and drink wine, eat fancy food and mingle with celebrities.
Boo hoo, I have more than enough money to pay for a chef and personal trainer so I look fabulous.
Boo hoo, I was paid a lot of money to work with Robert Downey Jr. and play his love interest.
Listen GOOP, I haven't brushed my teeth or washed my face today, let alone showered. I haven't gotten a haircut for over four months and can't remember the last time I had a manicure or pedicure. Currently my manicure of choice is chewing the skin around my nails because I am beyond stressed.
My pajama bottoms and Old Navy tank top from 1995 are covered in baby spit-up and I just fed two babies pureed green beans, peaches, oatmeal and two bottles at once while watching Dr. Oz's segment on losing weight because I haven't lost the baby weight yet. Both of my children are sick with colds and I'm exhausted having to juggle one crying baby while soothing the other. My lunch consisted of a piece of plain chicken on two frozen waffles because I ran out of bread.
I am a stay-at-home mom who can't afford a nanny or even a babysitter. You are a spoiled celebrity who doesn't feed her children pasta, bread or rice and follows a diet free of gluten, dairy, chicken's eggs and fun. At least I'm still married.
Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment