Friday, September 6, 2013

32 Weeks Pregnant With Twins - Hooray, I'm Not On Bedrest

I am 32 weeks pregnant with twin boys and hip, hip, hooray, I am not on bedrest -- knock on wood. That's not to say I am tap dancing through life, but I can still do things ... just in slow motion. Also, the list of things I can do diminished and continues to diminish.
I am currently working part time and went to my office one day this week (it's about an hour each way), which wasn't awful but I'd rather not do it again. Thankfully I think I'll be working from home from now on. Also, I'm still taking a prenatal swim class once a week for an hour -- swimming makes me feel amazing! I could sleep in that pool!
Maybe I should sleep in the pool because night time is no longer the right time for sleep. I drink more than two gallons of water a day (I'm not kidding) but still have restless legs before bed and occasionally during the day. The ocean I consume also causes me to pee a couple times at night -- not as many times as one would think for drinking so much. The odd thing is I sleep on my side and I'll wake up without the urge to pee. However, I've learned I do have to pee but I need to roll over and sit up to feel the urge. I also sometimes wake with a panicky feeling and need to drink a huge glass of water or more and/or stretch to relax. As I type this I have restless legs and need more water.
I've been reading about breastfeeding, as I want to breastfeed my twins, and understand my thirst will grow. I can hardly imagine being thirstier.
Another issue is carpal tunnel, especially in my right hand. I've been struggling with this for weeks and it's gotten worse -- some pain and major numbness. Hopefully after birth this issue will eventually go away.
After giving birth. Oh yeah, I will have twin boys in less than six weeks. It's hardly believable. Hubby and I are almost done putting together the nursery and gathering must-haves. I still need to pack a bag for the hospital -- and figure out what to put in there -- and get a few odds and ends but I figure I'll still need a few things after delivery because we will be figure-it-out-as-you-go parents. That's not to say we are clueless -- we've taken classes, read books (I've read more than Mr.) -- but we definitely will be novices. Hence the title of my blog, we are rubes.
I'm excited but scared with a fear that rears its ugly head around bedtime but my husband is Bob Marley -- It's gonna be alright. I want to be somewhere in the middle because I figure his optimism may wane after the boys are home. It's unfair to think my brain can handle something as life changing and crazy as having twins, so I should relax. However, if you think about it, carrying these babies for 32 weeks helped me somewhat realize this shit is happening -- although I can't wrap my head around it! He, however, will need to wait until the babies make their great escape to know, yes, this is real! You haven't been dreaming, I haven't just been getting fat for months!

No comments:

Post a Comment